Thank-you to all of our families for supporting your child’s learning during this school year, your involvement makes a difference! We wish all of our students and their families a wonderful summer filled with lots of time together doing the things you love to do. . . see you in September!
Have a GREAT summer vacation!
Tuesday, September 6th is the first day of classes for 2016-2017. Please Note: New kindergarten students should be brought to school for 9 a.m. on the first morning only – we will ask parents to verify busing information at that time.
December 1, 2016 – Coupon Booklet Sent Home
December 2, 2016- PEITF Professional Learning Day
December 6, 2016 – Grade 1 Concert – 1:10 p.m. & 6:00 p.m.
December 7, 2016– Grade 3 Concert – 1:10 p.m. & 6:00 p.m.
December 8, 2016 – Storm date for concerts
Parents of children eligible for 2016-2017 Kindergarten (must be 5 years old by Dec. 31, 2016) are reminded to register their children immediately so that we have an accurate count of children. You can scroll down this page for more information about the registration process. Please note that all children may only be registered in schools that they are zoned for.
Planning is now underway and all parents/caregivers of registered children will be receiving an important mail-out over the next few weeks regarding spring activities and events for our new K students and their parents. We’re looking forward to meeting all of our new students and their families!
2015-2016 School Storm Day Closure Information For Parents
2016-2017 Kindergarten Registration
- Parents are asked to register their children for Kindergarten, English and French Immersion, prior to or during the week of November 16-20, 2015.
- Children must be 5 years old by December 31, 2016 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten.
- Parents are asked to register their child for the English Kindergarten Program at his/her local
elementary school during school hours.
- There is further information below regarding registering your child for the French Immersion Program.
- If you are unsure of your school zone, please call the Stratford Office (902-368-6990) or Summerside Office (902-888-8400) or Toll-Free (1-800-280-7965).
- A registration form will be completed at the time of registration. Parents are reminded to bring two pieces of information which verify proof of child’s age:
– Birth certificate
– PEI health card
- Verification of home address must also be provided, such as current utility bill.
- Welcome to Kindergarten sessions for incoming students and their parents will be held at schools in the Spring
- Please refer to this additional information regarding locations for the Early French Immersion Program registration:
– Charlottetown Rural Family (Donagh/LM Montgomery/Sherwood) contact Sherwood Elementary
– Charlottetown Rural Family (Glen Stewart) contact Glen Stewart Primary
– Colonel Gray Family (Parkdale/Prince Street/St. Jean/Spring Park/West Kent/West Royalty) contact Spring Park
Happy Halloween to everyone! Have a fun and safe weekend. Don’t forget that the clocks turn back one hour this weekend.
NEW** – September 30, 2015 – The Grade 3 Fun Run that was scheduled for Thursday, October 1, will be postponed until Friday, October 2nd due to the expected rainfall.
2015 Fall Saver Coupon Book went home with students last week, please return to the school if you are interested in purchasing coupon books. This is a Home & School fundraiser.