We’re pleased to provide parents/guardians with information regarding 2017 Summer Program opportunities for children. Please click here for information.
In accordance with the School Change Policy, please click here to find a document that contains the recommendations and resolutions made by the Board of Directors regarding the Category II Study Reports.
The Elementary and Intermediate Transition Teams have been established and are working to ensure a successful transition process and to ensure that students and their families who have been affected by re-zoning are supported.
On Tuesday (April 25), a letter will go home to parents who have a student in the following schools:
- Birchwood Intermediate
- Cardigan Consolidated
- Donagh Regional
- Glen Stewart Primary
- Parkdale Elementary
- Prince Street Elementary
- Queen Charlotte Intermediate
- Spring Park Elementary
- St. Jean Elementary
- Stratford Elementary
- Stonepark Intermediate
- West Kent Elementary
- West Royalty Elementary
Parents that have a child impacted by re-zoning and who attends a school not listed above, will receive a letter on Thursday, April 27.
The Transition Teams will further communicate with parents through the PSB and school websites, social media, and school newsletters.
Please visit the Public Schools Branch website for current information on rezoning.
UPDATE – The tabling and presentation of Category II School Change recommendations for six families of schools took place at the January 10th Board of Directors of the Public Schools Branch held at East Wiltshire Intermediate. The recommendations are available at the Better Learning For All website and on the PSB website.
The public consultation process is open for 60 days beginning January 11th, 2016. Members of the public are invited to give their feedback online here (online submissions are anonymous) and/or at a public meeting planned for February. The Charlottetown Rural and Colonel Gray Families of Schools public meeting is February 1st at 7 p.m. in the Colonel Gray High School gym. You can make a presentation at a public meeting by booking a time in advance through contacting Bob Andrews at email@example.com or 902 368 5868. Presentations should be 10 minutes or less.
On behalf of all our staff, thank you to all of our parents/caregivers for your response and cooperation during our evacuation today. PLEASE NOTE that there will be school on Thursday. Please take a moment to read the information provided by the Public Schools Branch regarding dealing with today’s events. Click here for the link.
Just a reminder that there is no school on Friday, September 23rd, as it a Professional Learning Day for school staff.
Don’t forget to attend the pancake breakfast being held at the Stratford Town Hall on Saturday, September 24th from 7:30 – 11:00 in support of the Glen Stewart Primary and Stratford Elementary breakfast programs. If you pre-purchased tickets from the school, they will be sent home with your child on Thursday.
We are excited to welcome all returning and new students to school on Thursday, September 7th! Just a friendly reminder to all about a few things concerning school start-up:
- So that students will know which class to report to on September 7th, all K Teachers will contact parents of their new students by telephone sometime after September 1st and before September 5th to introduce themselves and welcome students back to school. If parents cannot be reached directly, teachers will leave the information on voicemail.
- Kindergarten students are to be brought to school on September 7th for 9 a.m. Kindergarten students should NOT travel on the school bus the first morning. Parents or caregivers will be asked to verify transportation arrangements after drop-off that morning. Kindergarten children who travel on a school bus will be able to travel to their after school destinations on September 8th. For parents/caregivers who are picking their children up after school, please meet them in the lobby. School dismisses at 2:35.
- Your child will come home with several printed pieces of information on the first day of school. For forms that need to be returned, we thank you in advance for filling them out promptly and returning them with your child no later than September 11th.
- Our breakfast and hot lunch programs will start the week of September 11th.
- Thank-you for remembering that we are a peanut-and nut-free facility as we have students and staff who have life-threatening allergies to items that contain these substances.