UPDATE – The tabling and presentation of Category II School Change recommendations for six families of schools took place at the January 10th Board of Directors of the Public Schools Branch held at East Wiltshire Intermediate. The recommendations are available at the Better Learning For All website and on the PSB website.
The public consultation process is open for 60 days beginning January 11th, 2016. Members of the public are invited to give their feedback online here (online submissions are anonymous) and/or at a public meeting planned for February. The Charlottetown Rural and Colonel Gray Families of Schools public meeting is February 1st at 7 p.m. in the Colonel Gray High School gym. You can make a presentation at a public meeting by booking a time in advance through contacting Bob Andrews at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902 368 5868. Presentations should be 10 minutes or less.
On behalf of all our staff, thank you to all of our parents/caregivers for your response and cooperation during our evacuation today. PLEASE NOTE that there will be school on Thursday. Please take a moment to read the information provided by the Public Schools Branch regarding dealing with today’s events. Click here for the link.
Just a reminder that there is no school on Friday, September 23rd, as it a Professional Learning Day for school staff.
Don’t forget to attend the pancake breakfast being held at the Stratford Town Hall on Saturday, September 24th from 7:30 – 11:00 in support of the Glen Stewart Primary and Stratford Elementary breakfast programs. If you pre-purchased tickets from the school, they will be sent home with your child on Thursday.
We are excited to welcome all returning and new students to school on Thursday, September 7th! Just a friendly reminder to all about a few things concerning school start-up:
- So that students will know which class to report to on September 7th, all K Teachers will contact parents of their new students by telephone sometime after September 1st and before September 5th to introduce themselves and welcome students back to school. If parents cannot be reached directly, teachers will leave the information on voicemail.
- Kindergarten students are to be brought to school on September 7th for 9 a.m. Kindergarten students should NOT travel on the school bus the first morning. Parents or caregivers will be asked to verify transportation arrangements after drop-off that morning. Kindergarten children who travel on a school bus will be able to travel to their after school destinations on September 8th. For parents/caregivers who are picking their children up after school, please meet them in the lobby. School dismisses at 2:35.
- Your child will come home with several printed pieces of information on the first day of school. For forms that need to be returned, we thank you in advance for filling them out promptly and returning them with your child no later than September 11th.
- Our breakfast and hot lunch programs will start the week of September 11th.
- Thank-you for remembering that we are a peanut-and nut-free facility as we have students and staff who have life-threatening allergies to items that contain these substances.
Thank-you to all of our families for supporting your child’s learning during this school year, your involvement makes a difference! We wish all of our students and their families a wonderful summer filled with lots of time together doing the things you love to do. . . see you in September!
Have a GREAT summer vacation!
Tuesday, September 6th is the first day of classes for 2016-2017. Please Note: New kindergarten students should be brought to school for 9 a.m. on the first morning only – we will ask parents to verify busing information at that time.
December 1, 2016 – Coupon Booklet Sent Home
December 2, 2016- PEITF Professional Learning Day
December 6, 2016 – Grade 1 Concert – 1:10 p.m. & 6:00 p.m.
December 7, 2016– Grade 3 Concert – 1:10 p.m. & 6:00 p.m.
December 8, 2016 – Storm date for concerts
Parents of children eligible for 2016-2017 Kindergarten (must be 5 years old by Dec. 31, 2016) are reminded to register their children immediately so that we have an accurate count of children. You can scroll down this page for more information about the registration process. Please note that all children may only be registered in schools that they are zoned for.
Planning is now underway and all parents/caregivers of registered children will be receiving an important mail-out over the next few weeks regarding spring activities and events for our new K students and their parents. We’re looking forward to meeting all of our new students and their families!
2015-2016 School Storm Day Closure Information For Parents
2016-2017 Kindergarten Registration
- Parents are asked to register their children for Kindergarten, English and French Immersion, prior to or during the week of November 16-20, 2015.
- Children must be 5 years old by December 31, 2016 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten.
- Parents are asked to register their child for the English Kindergarten Program at his/her local
elementary school during school hours.
- There is further information below regarding registering your child for the French Immersion Program.
- If you are unsure of your school zone, please call the Stratford Office (902-368-6990) or Summerside Office (902-888-8400) or Toll-Free (1-800-280-7965).
- A registration form will be completed at the time of registration. Parents are reminded to bring two pieces of information which verify proof of child’s age:
– Birth certificate
– PEI health card
- Verification of home address must also be provided, such as current utility bill.
- Welcome to Kindergarten sessions for incoming students and their parents will be held at schools in the Spring
- Please refer to this additional information regarding locations for the Early French Immersion Program registration:
– Charlottetown Rural Family (Donagh/LM Montgomery/Sherwood) contact Sherwood Elementary
– Charlottetown Rural Family (Glen Stewart) contact Glen Stewart Primary
– Colonel Gray Family (Parkdale/Prince Street/St. Jean/Spring Park/West Kent/West Royalty) contact Spring Park
Happy Halloween to everyone! Have a fun and safe weekend. Don’t forget that the clocks turn back one hour this weekend.