Welcome to new and returning parents and caregivers! It is an exciting year for your child as he/she enters another year of school, or enters the first year of school. The Home and School Association of Glen Stewart Primary is here to help you, the parents, navigate the school year. Our objective is to foster cooperation between parents and teachers, so parents can be informed, constructive partners with educators. Our goal is to obtain the best for each child in our school community.
2020- 2021 Executive
Chair: Andrea Richard Vice- Chair: Sita Guild Treasurer: Alison Sheppard
Secretary: Erin Wadden
Home & School email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOME & SCHOOL NEWS, December 2020
- Extra Mile Award
Nominate a deserving school staff individual for recognition by the PEI Home and School Federation. Submissions deadline: Jan. 22. Find more at: Extra Mile Award of the Year
You can effect change in PEI’s school system by using a formal resolution writing process. Home and School members are asked to consider presenting an issue in education that is affecting the learning success of students to influence change at the provincial level through the Federation’s advocacy policies on topics such as wellness, curriculum needs, student health, school bus safety and more. For assistance, contact: email@example.com / 620-3186 / 1-800-916-0664. Resolution submission deadline: Jan. 31.
- Are your Home and School’s membership fees paid?
Presidents/Treasurers are asked to check to ensure Fees are mailed by Dec. 15th.
- School Staff Appreciation Week 2021
School staff will be celebrated across Canada February 14-20. Your Home and School Staff Appreciation committee can begin now to make Covid-safe plans for showing appreciation to school staff for the contributions they make to our children and their education. Keep plans simple! A little appreciation goes a long way!
- Gift a Meal. Help a Student. Pass the plate!
Wondering how you can celebrate #GivingTuesday ? By paying more than your own total meal value, you can help pay for another student’s lunch! All you have to do is order your lunches at peischoolfood.ca and add your donation to the total cost of your child’s lunches.
- Covid-Friendly Fund Raising and Community Building Ideas
We continue to collect your Covid-Friendly Home & School Fund Raising ideas. These are being compiled and posted online. Send your suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Schools Branch Board Meetings Board and Annual Meetings to take place on Monday, Dec. 7th, 6:30 PM at the PSB office, 234 Shakespeare Drive, Stratford, PE. Contact Sheri at: email@example.com to attend in-person or request a virtual attendance link.
- The Charlottetown Food Council invites you to their upcoming Community Conversations About Food – 60 minute virtual workshops hosted on Zoom. All members of the public are invited. Register! Fill out the Food Council ‘s Community Food Survey for a chance to win a fruit tree from Van Kampen’s! Survey LINK
- Building GRAND-Families Inc. is a new non-profit crating awareness and support for grandparents who are primary care-givers for their grandchildren. Check their website launched the end of November 2020. buildinggrandfamilies.com
- International Volunteer Day December 5th is a global celebration of volunteers. This year’s theme – “Together We Can Through Volunteering” Check NVW 2020 blog post for ideas on how you can virtually applaud your volunteers.
Best wishes of the holiday season to you and your family!